top of page
(Test of English for International Communication)
About the TOEIC Listening and Reading Test
The TOEIC Listening and Reading test is an English-language proficiency test for people whose native language is not English. It was developed to assess the English-language listening and reading skills needed in the workplace and everyday life. TOEIC Listening and Reading test scores indicate how well a person can communicate in English with others in a business setting. The test does not require specialized knowledge or vocabulary beyond that of a person who uses English in everyday workplace activities.
The TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Format
The TOEIC Listening and Reading test is a two-hour multiple-choice test that consists of 200 questions divided into two sections:
• Listening Section: The Listening section tests how well you understand spoken English. It consists of four parts and contains 100 questions administered by CD. You will be asked to answer questions based on a variety of statements, questions, conversations, and talks recorded in English. Total time: approximately 45 minutes.
• Reading Section: The Reading section includes three parts, testing how well you understand written English. You will read a variety of materials and respond at your own pace to 100 questions based on the content of the materials provided to you. Total time: 75 minutes.
Who takes the TOEIC Listening and Reading test?
• Personnel who use English in real-life work settings, such as businesses, hotels and hospitals
• Managerial, sales, and technical employees in international business, commerce, and industry who require English for their work
• Government agencies looking to make informed decisions
• Academic institutions preparing for student admissions, placement and exiting, as well as measuring the effectiveness of their English-language training programs
• Individuals who are preparing to enter the workplace
• Candidates for training to be conducted in English
• Individuals in English-language training programs
How much does the TOEIC Listening and Reading test cost?
bottom of page